Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Trip to India and Nepal, Part One

Carolyn Medwin, Janet Root and I made a two and a half week trip to India and Nepal. After we arrived in Delhi late in the evening it made sense to stay close to the airport. Since the hotels in that area are very expensive I booked an overnight in a lovely bed and breakfast. The home had a lovely garden area in front where Carolyn is sitting the morning after we arrived.
The front door.
This interesting man happened by while we were out sunning. I have no idea what he was about but certainly was photogenic.
The living room.
Then we were off to the airport for a short flight to Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal. I love walking around the streets of the old section of the city with all the little shops.
This was just a crowded street in Thamel, the section of Kathmandu where we stayed, full of small hotels, shops and restaurants and a tourist hangout. There are no sidewalks in the area so you just walk in the road with all the traffic.
Fast food.
Various types of flour.
An outdoor fabric shop. An elderly Newari lady with a typical Nepalese basket on her back. At the left is a small Hindu temple. There are hundreds large and small in the Kathmandu Valley.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home