Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, September 7, 2007

Panama Trip...Part Six

My hotel room. In order to get a breeze you had to open the "shutters" at which point everyone passing by could see into your room.
There was a tiny light in the center of the ceiling. The lights ran on solar energy and were on from around dark until around 7:00 am. The only grocery store on the island a few steps from my room. I could see it out one of my windows.
The hotel lounge. Right outside my room.
The view from the deck with the hammocks.

The hammock deck
The area between the dock and the hotel.
One of the tiny single rooms in the hammock deck area. No private bath with this one.
I am assuming this was the sewer line running out to the water.
Another open area near the hotel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home