Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, September 7, 2007

More Panama Saga

More molas hanging on lines, waiting for a buyer to come by. The one hotel on the island only holds a dozen or so people, so unless a boat with some tourists happens by there is not much traffic for them. I bought quite a few molas from these two groups. If the Kuna women don't have their molas out on lines ready to sell they store them in big white pails. If they don't have the molas out on lines they come running out of their houses with the pails and start unloading them for you.
My hotel, the Kuna Niskua. This porch was on the second building and a cool spot where you could relax in a hammock through the afternoon heat.

Water storage. There is no fresh water on the islands and its all brought over from the mainland.
The street in front of my building. The porch to my building is on the left and the dining room/kitchen is on the right.

My porch. It was pleasant to sit out here, working on taking apart blouses as local people walked by. The only store on the island was a few steps away so there was a lot of traffic.

The dining room. The view from one of my windows. I had a ground floor room. Cement floor, bamboo walls and no real windows. Just bamboo sort of shutters. And a real bathroom.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home