Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Last Nepal Photos

Day laborers sitting out in front of a temple waiting for work. Yet another temple. They are everywhere.

The cotton in these shops are a wonderful display but are really a cheap grade.

The brass shops in this area are quite famous. This is just above Kathmandu Durbar Square toward Asan Tole.
More scarves and fabrics...on Asan Tole...Kathmandu's busiest shopping area.
There are several excellent spice shops on Asan Tole. This one caters to foreigners with all the spices labeled in English.


We went back to the area near the tea shop to purchase more masks and I had to buy this dragon painting for my son in law. The artist is holding it. It is a lightning dragon.
Two homeless boys sleeping in front of an expensive shop. There are hundreds in the Kathmandu Valley. In the winter a woman from Switzerland sets up a soup kitchen in Bouda to feed some of them.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home