Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

More Boudha Photos

The view from the "front" of the Stupa. There are two wonderful statues on the first level where tourists love to pose for photos. Inside the monastary on the corner. Tibetan monastaries are the most glorious places. Full of fabulous murals and rich tapestries and golden statues. Thai monastaries pale by comparison.












Receiving a blessing from the Lama.

Don't we look better?



The gongs used during ceremonies.
And the huge prayer wheel in the entrance. This is by no means the most beautiful monastary here. But its probably the newest.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home