Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

India-Nepal Trip - Part Six

A wonderful mask shop in the Tibetan area of Kathmandu. Most of the large masks are Tibetan Buddhist dieties.
The small stupa of Kathesimbhu just below Thahiti Tole. Its in a beautiful courtyard.
And, of course, there is a supporting monastary next door.
A typical dental shop. This is a famous "statue" where coins are nailed to appease the toothache god.

Colorful fabric shops.
Holy cows love to window shop too.

Bicycle Rickshaws waiting for customers in Indra Chowk.
The beautiful Akash Bhairab Temple in Indra Chowk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home