Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Still in Patan

In this Durbar Square, as in Bhaktapur, there is no traffic allowed except for motorcycles. The town well, still in use.
Pilgrims rest house. These can be found all over the valley.

A temple in the courtyard of the former Royal Palace...now an art museum.
There is a shop run by an NGO in the top floor of an old building in the square. Moisture on the brick wall has allowed the growth of ferns on the wall. Fierce lions guard the gate.

I am not exactly sure what was going on here but it certainly was colorful.
And commerce goes on in storefronts around the square.

Back in Kathmandu we came upon two street children sleeping in front of a jewelry shop. There are probably hundreds of these children who eke out a living shining shoes and begging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home