Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The end of the day in Varanasi

There are cows everywhere.
Cows taking a break.
Cows just milling around.
And on one of the main streets, when one of the group was looking for an ATM, we came upon a herd of pigs.
Just an average back yard. The monkey temple.
A snack seller on the way to the temple.
We invited our "tout" friend to have dinner with us at our hotel that evening. He was a great guide, taking us around the silk weaving section and to the monkey temple. He helped change our day after the river trip from "what will we do now" into a really special day.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home