Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Lets Buy a Sari

Carolyn met a delightful young woman in Kathmandu at the hotel named Andrea and we ran into her again at the airport on the way to Varanasi. She was traveling to India for the first time and decided to join us for a few days until we reached Delhi. She turned out to be an enthusiastic shopper and decided that she needed to purchase a sari. So, of course, she needed a lesson or two on how to put it on and wear it.

This gave us more time to poke around in the scarves. Do you really think it will stay up?

Okay, what do you think? Or maybe this way.


Or perhaps this way.


How about this one?


Do you think it would look better on me? The man at the right was a sort of "tout" who talked us into coming to the "factory" after visiting all the little shops on the side streets.


1 Comments:

Blogger Guzzisue said...

I was sent a sari as part of my work uniform ( unfortunately they found out and made me send it back as I hadn't ordered it) Still, I put it on to show my collegues and managers, not sure if I could wear one all day:) You are obviously having a wonderful time and I am looking at your photo with interest and envy:)

November 3, 2007 at 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home