Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Quiet Day

My cat is exhausted from wandering around through the upheavel as I get ready to leave for Quilting by the Lake. Here she is doing her classic "beached whale" pose.
There is an old "folk tale" or something that says if you have a "kitchen witch" in your kitchen your pots won't burn over. You can buy little "witches" in "cooking" shops. I decided it might be a good idea to have a "classroom witch". To guard against cranky students, missing items, demonstrations that don't work, and an inadequate supply of extension cords. So this is Version One. We'll see how it works out.
This fabric sample has scraps of fabric arranged on a base, painted a bit and then stitched over.

2 Comments:

Blogger madamquiltprez said...

a kitchen witch is a wonderful thing. A quilting witch is not a proven cure yet. A strong teacher would not forget things, great students know how to behave, and those that pack correctly would have extension cords.

July 27, 2007 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger Marcia said...

Inspector Suki wants to know if your kitty is working under contract... And whether she's working anonymously until her contract demands are met...

July 28, 2007 at 12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home