Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, July 13, 2007

A Bit of Progress Here

There has been a bit of progress. The area has been leveled and stakes are indicating roughly the shape of what is to come. My yard designer (also known as my son-in-law) tells me that the dirt is going to be packed then a truck full of round stones added before the concrete is poured.
This door is being considered as a possible entrance to the yard. Actually it is two doors. The house was built in 1875 and had clapboard siding. The last owners bought it around 50 years ago and added the cedar shingles and the back room with the fireplace and the attached garage. That left the original door here rather set in. its still inside and serves to keep the wind out. The door way is on top of the cellar stairs and just off the kitchen. It would make a good exit but needs steps. It is never used now (the lack of steps is one reason) except for the need to haul a washing machine or some such up or down the cellar stairs. It will need a bit of updating and it also would mean extending the fence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home