Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

More Molas

The second jacket has a great mola on the back and several small molas. This one is the heaviest weight cotton and was purchased on Ebay.
This jacket was found in my stash...a great find which had been all but forgotten. It is decorated in the back with a mola of a jacket...how appropriate?
Some of these small molas have exquisite detail. To me they are more like appliques but they all seem to be lumped together as molas.
I call this mola "The Rat stirs the soup". It is a high quality mola with tiny details such as the fine stitches on the pop, the rick rack type applique around the figure, the tiny diamonds, and the fine outlines of the flowers and other figures. It is a worn applique...made for use and not for the tourist trade which I prefer. They are usually much better made than tourist molas.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home