Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, July 2, 2007

Its a Jungle Out There

This section of my yard has huge ferns below my kitchen window. They sometimes grow so tall and thick that I can half imagine monkeys leaping out of them. Well...maybe not. Anyway I have decided to turn the whole area into a concrete based patio with a nice privacy fence around it. Add some comfy lounge chairs, and table and chairs with an umbrella and presto...a nice usable summer space. In the front of the first photo there used to be a sort of perennial garden which became overgrown with the ivy which used to be on the fireplace. This is an ornamental cherry tree which has beautiful blooms in the Spring. I wish I could save it but would rather have a usable yard.


The maple tree planted itself here perhaps 8 years ago. It would be nice shade but its really too close to the house. Bye Bye The fireplace used to be covered with ivy (which has taken over this area of the yard) but it ruined the cement on the top so I had it pulled down and the chimney repaired a couple of years ago. A concrete patio will take care of the remaining ivy which is a nuisance.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcia said...

Sounds great! Let me know when you need help sipping some iced tea under the umbrella!

July 3, 2007 at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home