Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Trip to India Jan-Feb 2013-Jaisalmer

 Then we drove 6 kilometers out of town to the verdant area of Bada Bagh and the cenotaphs built in honor of the city's rulers.
 Most were built in the 16th to the 18th century.

 Modern windmills stand oddly on the next hill.

 The dedication to some king or other.
Much of the cities produce is grown in this area.  The rest of the area is mostly Thar Desert.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home