Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Trip to India- January-Feb-2013- An Encounter with a Cow- The Cow Won

 Ok, this cow looks innocent enough now!  But earlier I was just walking along one of the narrow streets of Jodhpur, full of parked motorcycles, pedestrians, vendors, tuk tuks and motor cycles whizzing by and cows.  The black cow walked toward me and butted me in the head, sending me flying backward across the street where I fell and banged my head on a motorcycle pedal.  The locals picked me up and dusted me off.  Later I tried to send an email describing my incident and saying how happy I was to not have been hurt and fallen into cow shi_.  Ahd it was censored and I couldn't send it.  I was told I needed to reword it and that some words were offensive.
 The next day i was off to Jaisalmer with a mid point stop at the Fort in Pokaran.  Built between the 14th and 17th centuries it is now a Heritage Hotel.
 There are many small temples inside the fort and its a great place to stop for lunch between Jodhpur and Jaisalmer.

 Pretty courtyards but the unrestored section is rather gloomy.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home