Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Trip to India Jan-Feb 2013 - Jaisalmer Havelis

Oh, Oh.....They are just taking a break while waiting for me.  You're not getting me today!
My hotel was just down the street from Ghandi Square.
There was ah Ashram behind the statue and some interesting looking people in the area.
Now it was time for a bit of culture and a visit to the gorgeous Haveli's.  The first one was Patwa-ki-Haveli built in the early 1800's by 5 Jain brothers who made their money in textiles and jewelry.
It was located on a narrow lane in the old section outside the fort. 
Puppet makers in a nearby courtyard.
The first section is a museum but several other sections are still in use.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home