Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Trip to Thailand & Laos-Laos

After Chiang Mai I took two flights on Thai Airlines and a shuttle to the Friendship Bridge at Nong Khai and a taxi to Vientiane, Laos. A street vendor near my hotel

This building has been in the process of being remodeled for years. There used to be un upscale clothing store on the ground floor.

Pumpkin soup at one of my favorite restaurants.


My first banana split on this trip.


I never can resist these statues.



A new Chinese style temple which has just been built in the new park by the Mekong.

And a nearby tower. The park was designed to hold back the flood waters.




And includes playgrounds.


A beautiful mural on the temple wall.





On my last evening I had Chicken & Cashew Nuts...my favorite meal in Laos.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home