Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Trip to Thailand & Laos- Nan Part 7

On my last day there was a parade in front of my hotel which I could see from the balcony.


Monks, schoolchildren and marching bands.





Apparently it had something to do with celebrating the end of the Monsoon Season and the harvest.




A collection of antique shuttles on display in one of the hotel living rooms.


And local weaving.


Aside from the temples the town was rather boring post war concrete construction.

I walked just one block north from the hotel and discovered two more gorgeous temples.



A doorway to the first one.

And the Bell Tower.








The second had definite Chinese influence.


And some of the most gorgeous dragons I had ever seen.







And the usual 3D murals inside.

And what about these doors!



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home