Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Trip to Thailand and Laos ---Bangkok

Here's an idea for a franchise. Fish therapy. You soak your feet in this invigorating fish tank. Fifteen minutes are a little over $3 I arrived in Bangkok after a 7 and 14 hour flight to be greeted by a man with a sign with my name on it. My suitcase with my clothes and toiletries had not arrived. Terrific.


So the next morning I headed out in my hot travel clothes to a mall near Chinatown. In another Asian capital this building would probably be called "Colonial" But Bangkok never had a Colonial period.

A beautiful Wat right across the street.






Unfortunately the buildings were closed.





A spirit house on the grounds.


Just a pretty street side pond.



A beautiful display of fabric from a shop inside the Mall. I never shop here as the prices are too high and the clerks too pushy.


After buying some cooler clothes you can guess my destination

Just a little ice cream for the weary shopper.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home