Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Trip to Thailand & Laos- Nan Part 5


Our next stop was a beautiful old teak house with weavers on the ground floor.






An upstairs bedroom. The floors were polished to a mirror like shine.


An old Singer treadle sewing machine in one of the rooms.



The old kitchen.





Then on to yet another temple.



The drum tower.


A deceased revered lama.




And beautiful doors of course.









Old prayer books in an upstairs room.


And old kitchen utensils.

A gathering of monks outside one of the buildings.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home