Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Trip to Thailand & Laos- Chiang Mai

The next day after a lovely six hour bus ride I arrived in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The ride was over a very hilly section full of rice paddies and small villages. My hotel in Chiang Mai was across from Tai Pai Gate...a landmark on the old City Walls and the scene of the Sunday afternoon and evening market.

Okay...I know you have seen enough temples but I couldn't resist this one on my route into the main section of the City.





I'm not quite sure what this creature is.


The Sunday evening market is full of fast food stalls.


And stalls full of all kinds of crafts and nick nacks.


More fast food by one of the Temples.


This beautiful old building on one of the main streets has been turned into a Lawyer's Office.


An interesting dress made from fabric stripsAnd another interesting temple.






I had dinner one evening at one of my favorite restaurants...the Riverside on the Ping River.





They also offer dinner on their boat which cruises up the river later in the evening. Two weeks after my trip there was massive flooding in Chiang Mai and Northern Thailand.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home