Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Trip to Vietnam, Thailand & Laos- The Bangkok Airport

This is a display area smack in the middle of the Departure section of the Bangkok Airport. Lately it has had gorgeous displays of orchids. It is the first thing you see after you get off the escalator.











I am not sure what this statue is about. Something involving Buddha I'm sure.

Some sort of tribute to the new airport nearby.

I just love these new statues which appeared a year or so ago.


During the night people nap in the departure area. In about an hour this area will be packed with people.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home