Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Sewing Day at Marcia's Studio

Another great wintry day spent at Marcia's studio. She has the baby quilt almost finished.
She has been working on another top which isn't quite finished.
I brought back some beautiful embroidered strips from Vietnam which I hope to incorporate into a jacket...a project Marcia and I were focusing on today.
I had also uncovered some embroidered pieces from Morelia, Mexico which I brought for "show and tell"

Nancy worked on her hub cap quilt.

My jacket begins to take shape with some seminole patchwork.

And Marcia started a jacket using Guatemalan fabric and a quilted sari scarf from India.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home