Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Trip to Thailand, Laos & Bali - More Chiang Mai Wats

Then it was time for Wat Phra Singh...the most visited Wat in downtown Chiang Mai. Okay...there is a better one here but its outside of town on a mountaintop....Doi Suthep. I have shown lots of photos of it on previous trips...
Parts of this Wat date from the 1400's.

Doors.
Lama's seat.

The bell tower.
After all this Wat viewing it was time for a tasty lunch of chicken with cashew nuts at a beautiful tree covered dining room in a restaurant attached to a hotel right across the street from mine.
Then it was time for another stroll to the Night Market where I passed a few more Wats.

This one has a gorgeous gold Stupa,
And fabulous building details.

And wonderfully carved doors and windows.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home