Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Trip to Bali, Thailand & Laos- Outside Ubud

On my third day in Bali I hired a car and driver for a trip up into the mountains. The countryside is lush and lovely. A farmer at work in a rice paddy.

Our first stop was the holy spring a few miles north of Ubud. People bathing in part of the spring area.




Most people performed a ritual which involved getting wet and then changed in one of the locker rooms.

A beautiful tree on the grounds.


Some thoroughly wet boys on the way to change clothes.

Lunches stored for later.

A statue on the grounds. Former President Sukarno had a summer house on a hill overlooking the spot...currently vacant.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home