Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Trip to Thailand, Laos & Bali- The Ubud Market & Palace


On my last day in Bali it was time for one last look at the Market near my hotel. There were lots of textile stalls on the second floor of a building overlooking the market. Unfortunately the market is beseiged by tour buses every afternoon and the prices are up accordingly. I see similar items in Bangkok at much cheaper prices so I didn't buy much here. I did find a nice little shop on a street near the Palace where I purchased a few textiles at more reasonable prices.
After all this dickering it was time for a tasty cinnamon bun at the nearby bakery.
You see these small offerings all over town on doorsteps and in the streets.
After attending the Dance Session at the Palace at night I decided to take a second look in the daytime.
The Dancer area.
Not all of the Palace is open as some of the former Royal Family still lives here.

It was still the rainy season here (the rain comes from Australia) so we would have a downpour every afternoon which was quickly gone.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home