Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Trip to Thailand, Laos & Bali- The Lane Xang Hotel Vientiane

This used to be my favorite hotel but several years ago I found it hard to make a reservation and began staying at other places. This year I found a new site which made reservations easier and decided to try it again. I love its central location right on the Mekong and near most of my favorite restaurants. It was the first "luxury" hotel in Vientiane built many years ago with the help of the Russians. It was "replaced" in the luxury market quite some time ago. The main sitting area on each floor contains this stiff Chinese furniture.

And these unexplained display cases.







Hot and cold water.

The beautiful doors have carved elephants. There is a cultural show in the dining room most nights. And a lovely outdoor pool and fitness center. Two weddings were going on in the evening while I was there which was interesting to watch.
They must have changed mattresses as the bed was much softer than I remember. Asian beds take the word "hard" to a new level.


And they had installed more soundproof glass. The street noise from the front rooms used to be terrible. A view of the Mekong from my room. They are working on the park along the river.



My room had cable TV (lots of Thai programs as well as a few from Laos) A refrigerator and a nice touch of fresh fruit every day. They had remodeled the bathrooms since my last visit and they were quite nice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home