Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Trip to Thailand, Laos & Bali- Dance Night at the Palace

I went to see a troop of dancers at the courtyard of the Royal Palace. The archway was beautifully lit by candles and the seats were all taken early on.
The archway beautifully lit with candles.

I am not sure who this dancer represented. Perhaps Ramasura.


A visitor to my hotel bathroom.
The entranceway to my hotel room had a nice seating area.
My front door.
The next door room.
The grounds were lovely.

The dining area where I ate breakfast. Batik paintings on the walls by the owner.
Fish in the pond right by my room
The families dining room
Plaques in the doorway to the hotel,
The hotel was set back in off the street so it was very quiet.

The owners were very friendly and made you feel more like you were an honored guest in their home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home