Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Tri-Mandir Temple North of Ahmadabad

On our way back to Ahmedabad we stopped at this gorgous white marble non-sectarian temple on the main highway. We had to leave our shoes downstairs and climb the slippery wet marble steps barefoot.
This huge statue is made of white marble from the Jodhpur area.



The statues edge a huge hall supposedly seating 10,000 people.


Huge carved doors.
View from the entrance.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home