Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Some Results from the Art Class I Have Been Taking

I signed up recently for a four session Adult Education Art Class at the local high school. I had been wanting to take one for a long time but they never seemed to coincide with my schedule. I have always had zero ability to be able to draw and can't even make decent stick figures so I had nowhere to go but up. The class is taught by Will Boydell, a local artist and musician who also teaches in the local schools. The first exercise was to draw and shade an egg. He didn't like the shape of the egg but the shading was ok. I did better with a group of balls. Our homework assignment was to redraw his leopard (on the left) and we weren't allowed, of course, to just trace it. Except for getting the face a bit too long I thought I did ok.

My second week's assignment was to redraw this face on the left. I spent about 2 hours on my drawing. Next week's assignment is yet another face, although a bit more difficult.



Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth Brandkamp said...

I think you are better at drawing than you think you are.....

June 10, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home