Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Orange Jacket Day Five, Ecuadorian Wool Rugs

I am cleaning out closets and found a pile of handwoven wool rugs from Ecuador which I am going to sell. I brought them with me and Inspector Suki checks them over for comfort and possible flaws. The red rugs are sold and the blue rug is still for sale. (As of 5-5, this blue rug is sold. The smaller blue rug is still available)

The red rugs are all sold except the ones with the hats below.
The blue rug is still for sale. (The blue rug is sold as of June 17th)

This rug is in two different colorways (the second isn't shown) and is still for sale

I finished the fronts on the orange jacket and started work on the sleeves. Since the orange jackets continue to morph into other colors we have decided to place a temporary halt on their design and move on to turquoise jackets for a future project.
Since Inspector Suki guarded my fabric on my last visit she decided to avoid any signs of favoritism and guard Marcia's fabric.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth Brandkamp said...

Those rugs are beyond awesome!! Wish I had seen them in person!!

June 3, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home