Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Great Day at Marcia's Studio

Today was day one of a three day "Jacket Sew-In" at Marcia's beautiful studio. We began with a bit of show and tell as Marcia showed us her gorgeous quilt begun at Nancy Crow's Barn and now beautifully quilted. Stunning. I had finished piecing the wonky blocks and now planned to cut them on a slant.
Beth began a jacket using tiny Slash and Burn squares as the center of the back.

And Nancy Crouch began a jacket with a tiger focal point.

Inspector Suki took time out from her busy schedule to check Marcia's calculations.

Beth adds a bit of orange to her jacket.
And Marcia begins work on an orange jacket with an intricate collar from China as the focal point.


As it turned out the quilt top wasn't long enough to slash and turn on point and came out a bit "skewed".
I will probably trim off the "off center" sides and make it into a square.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home