Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Class at Towpath Quilt Guild in Marcellus

On Tuesday I drove to Marcellus to take a class with Nancy Bales and the Towpath Guild at the beautiful library. This is probably Nancy's most famous quilt which has won a number of prizes.
Another student's work at the end of the class.

A group of us went out to dinner at a local restaurant then came back for Nancy's trunk show at the Guild meeting. This is their beautiful raffle quilt.


I thought I would have a good spot for taking photos if I sat in the front row. Wrong......Nancy began by showing some of her garments.




This one matches her quilt.


I just loved this landscape.



This is the roof of the horticulture building at Morrisville...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lindacreates said...

What a great opportunity to take this class. Hope you created something wonderful, or started one. I found your blog on Fiber Focus.

May 27, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home