Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Catalog from the 2007 Istanbul Quilt Show

The catalog from the 2007 Quilt Show in Istanbul arrived last week and it is spectacular as usual. They hire a professional photographer to take photos of all the quilts and print the book on heavy paper. My scans don't do it anywhere near justice. There were quilters in attendance from several countries. This quilt was called Carnival of Colors and was from Hungary.


My scan is a bit skewed on this one and its called Aysugel in the Countryside.



Falling Leaves by Betul Canatar




Fire Dance also by Betul.





Turquoise also by Betul.






Feline Fiesta by Doris Dove of England.







Dolphin by Eti Koen of Istanbul








Japanese Silk in Abundance by Fumi Kido of Istanbul









Inspirations from Japan by Nadya Zulemyan of Istanbul.










Parade of Foreign Trade Envoys by Nuriye Kozik of Istanbul












Mevlana also by Nuriye











My submission...Here Kitty Kitty













Birds in Spring by Ruhiye Karabucak of Adana Turkey













Autumn Circles by Selma Kenter of Istanbul















Another quilt my scanner skewed. Crazy About Me by Wendy Strumwasser, U.S.A.



















Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home