Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Update on my friend Phonesay

A few months ago I posted photos of my friend Phonesay Silivan from Laos. He was from a poor village in Northern Laos and spent 10 years as a monk, partly as a way of obtaining an education. He works for an Australian NGO as a translator as he speaks Lao, Thai and English. I have no idea what he is doing up this tree.
His wife and baby daughter, born last summer.


Looking for land mines. Luckily he is going to be in Vientiane this month during the time I will be there. I missed seeing him on my last visit there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home