Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sample for Jacket Class

I spent my time yesterday sewing a sample jacket for a possible upcoming class. I had purchased the pattern at the International Quilt Show in Houston and wanted to give it a try. By spending the day totally working on it yesterday I could get a good handle on how long it would take someone to make it up. This photo is of the sleeves. The pieces are still rough and haven't been trimmed up yet. One sleeve is made from scraps from constructing the other pieces.
The back has a focal piece and the strips are sewn on the slant to be a little slimming.
The fronts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home