Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Things Don't Always Work Out The Way You Want

I had the best laid plans of attending the annual Christmas Party meeting at the Genesee Valley Quilt Guild site in Rochester. It was beautiful this morning but unfortunately a heavy snow was expected by mid morning...to continue all day. Not a good idea. So I reluctantly decided not to attend. Some of our beautiful leaves lingered until just a few days ago.
Now its beginning to look more serious.

I just completed a long jacket I began working on 2 1/2 years ago. Most of the fabric is called Key West Batik...a batik fabric with a sort of shiny finish and lots of gold applied. Interesting. More like a light chintz finish. The "checked" strips are a lighter batik in lots of colors from a "jelly roll" to give it more interest and lighten it up. I always heavily pin the outside seams before I press them. The jacket has slit sides for walking ease.
Am I happy with it? I'm not sure.

For some reason it reminds me of cotton candy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home