Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Museum of Natural History

In the afternoon my sister and I attended the Ansel Adams and Annie Leibovitz exhibits at the Corcoran. No photos unfortunately but a great show. The next day I was off on my own to the Museum of Natural History. I had not been there in a number of years and was pleasantly surprised by the new exhibits on the main floor.
I loved this one of the tiger crashing into the gallery through an upstairs window.
Wouldn't these be great colors for a jacket?




On the second floor was an interesting Korean exhibit. Wedding clothes here.
And some interesting paintings.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home