Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Embellishment Class, November 7, 2007

Time for another class in Marcia's wonderful studio. This time it was embellishment...seminole patchwork , hairpin lace loom trim and mystery fabric. The space is wonderful, lots of room to work but close enough to chat. There is even space to work in the next room where Beth is cutting fabric.

Some of Marcia's work.
My turquoise coat which really made a good sample for the class (Just because it fits doesn't mean you can keep it)And of course Inspector Suki had to keep coming in and out to see how things were going.
A few seminole strips. Most people were applying gold thread which took a little longer.

And some of the finished work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home