Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bernina Fashion Show Outfit 2007

I have been asked to post photos of my outfit on my blog since the photos on Quilts.com, and Berninausa.com are both incorrect. (they are correct in the Bernina magazine). The dress is made from hand beaded mesh, lined and trimmed in silk dupioni. I made the beaded closure since I couldn't find one I liked. Bernina's theme was diamond..because of its 75th anniversary. On the model there is nothing under the bodice and the skirt is made of pleated silver lame.
The patterns are all my own. The dress is made entirely by hand because of the beads in the seams.
The coat is made of Hoffman cotton batik. It is scrunched and stitched with hundreds of rows of fancy stitches. Hundreds of beads and crystals were added for sparkle.
The trim is a ruffle made on a hairpin lace loom from several sparkley yarns and silk ribbons. The shoulder piece is another beaded diamond shape, with ribbons hanging and mylar diamonds.
It has a matching hat and muff. (not shown)


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home