Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

It's Just a Basic Turquoise Coat

Since I didn't have anything to wear to the reception before the Bernina Fashion Show I whipped up a little coat. It is just turquoise cotton batik, scrunched, overstitched with hundreds of rows of fancy stitches, topped with fancy cords and lots of beads and crystals. The lining is a simple black cotton print of small colored balls. And the trim is a combination of a few fancy yarns made into a fringe on a hairpin lace loom. I had intended to cover the coat with molas but didn't like the scale when I finished the coat. The pattern is the Folkwear Turkish Coat which I have made up several times.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

Wonderful coat. I love the texture and fun colors. It beats my black t-shirt any day!

November 7, 2007 at 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home