Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Trip to India Jan-Feb 2013, Jodhpur Again

Back in Jodhpur for three more days before heading for Delhi and home.
I always love staying at the Govind Hotel for a number of reasons.  Jaggi, the owner, always gives me a wonderful room and a warm greeting. 
I can walk here from the Railway Station (pulling my bags).  Its disadvantage is its on the second floor over a bank.  But another advantage is the wonderful, inexpensive restaurant on the roof with a view of the Fort.  My room even had a view of the Fort.
As always, I spent a lot of time in the Central Market.
With its view of the Fort looming over the City.
A shoe repair man near the Market takes time out for a chat.
Shop window near my hotel.
Flower sellers in one of the main squares.
There is lots of fabric in the Market but of poor quality.
The used sari sellers wait for a customer.
I love the look of vegetables in the Market.


A white horse on its way to a groom and an Indian wedding.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home