Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Trip to India Jan-Feb-2013- Delhi 2

The tiles representing some of the Hindo Gods are place on the walls because people will not urinate on them with them there.
I was surprised to find a pottery market on one of the side streets.

A beautiful doorway on a side street.
Back in the main part of the City I made my usual visit to the Central Cottage Emporium near the Imperial Hotel.  I usually find some good fabric here but not this visit.
A couple of blocks away is a street full of vendors from Rajasthan.  I have some favorites here and usually find something.

A beautiful display of bags at the edge of the market.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home