Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, October 5, 2012

More Quito Sightseeing

Locals waiting on the steps of the Cathedral on the Plaza San Francisco in old Quito.
The madonna statue in the distance on the hill in old Quito.
The church in another Plaza, Santo Domingo

Pre-Columbian artifacts in the Museo Nacional
Unfortunately for me, they didn't allow the use of Flash with your camera.






The famous Gold Mask in the Sala de Oro



Replicas of pre-Columbian officials wearing their gold ornaments.

A several hundred year old mummy discovered high on a local mountain.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home