Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Old Town, Quito Ecuador

Back in Quito we did some sightseeing in Old Town.  This is Plaza Grande near our hotel and the site of the Presidential Palace.


 The area was the original city of Quito and is packed with historic buildings. 
 The fabulous La Campania de Jesus.  This is a fantastically elaborate church blending Spanish, Moorish and indigenous elements, mostly in gold.  Unfortunately no cameras allowed.
 San Francisco Plaza, the main plaze.
 The statue of the Madonna on the hilltop.  This is an unusual one with wings.
 Plaza San Francisco

View from my hotel window at night.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home