Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fashion Show and Class for the Yorkshire Rose Quilt Guild, Toronto, Canada

 Last week I was honored to be invited to present a Fashion Show of my garments and a two day Seminole Patchwork/Jacket Class for the wonderful Yorkshire Rose Quilt Guild in Toronto Canada.
 The meetings and classes are held in the beautiful basement of the local Mennonite Church.  Lots of light and design walls and even a complete kitchen!  Lots of fun and conversation  and too much good food.
 By day two jackets and vests were beginning to emerge, all with Seminole Patchwork from Day 1's class.
 Some students opted to use the Butterfly Jacket Pattern.
 A beautiful, subtle fall colorway.
 This will be a Kimono Jacket with lots of color.
 Suzanne Neilson sent me photos of her completed vest.  Click on the pictures for a closer look at her spectacular Seminole Patchwork
She incorporated one of my molas on the back of the vest.  What a terrific job.  Thanks for the photos Suzanne!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home