Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Quilting by the Lake- Week 1, Katie Masopust

Quilting by the Lake, Week 1. I took a wonderful class (yet again) with Katie Masopust. She is always a fabulous teacher and I learn a lot.


This was painting with acrylic on canvas. The point was to make a few then mix them up.



I chose to make them all in one colorway.


We also added bits of fabric here and there.




Here I have started exchanging circles among the canvases.


There is a lot more cutting and replacing needed for a few final pieces are completed. Then I can either frame them or incorporate them in quilts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home