Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Trip to India & Nepal-Jodhpur Part 1- The Market

After a comfortable overnight train journey from Agra we arrived in Jodhpur, one of my favorite Indian cities. Jodhpur is dominated by the huge Megerangarh Fort which looms massively over the city.
I love the Jodhpur market, which is near the hotels where I stay and is large enough to wander around, has lots of things I want to buy and is never packed or full of traffic.

We were there early before everyone was set up. But I always make several trips here so no matter.



The spice salesmen are always trying to lure you into their shops.

This is only one of my favorite trim vendors.






A wandering musician.



Another musician

There are several old city gates in and out of the market.


Ah.....the used sari sellers. I always succumb to a few here.





The market is dominated by this huge clock tower which makes it easy when you need to tell a tuk tuk driver where you want to go.

And there are always a few tuk tuks waiting in the market to speed you and your purchases back to your hotel.


A painting on the wall on my hotel room.


A sewing machine shop next door to the hotel.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home