Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Friday, March 4, 2011

India & Nepal Trip - Varanasi Part 2

It was still not quite light when we approached the main Burning Ghat---where the majority of cremations are performed.



This temple has been tilting for quite awhile.


The sun begins to come up.



We continue up the river for another half hour or so before turning around the the journey back to the hotel.









The activity along the shore picks up.

We pass the Burning Ghat again.




And see a lot more people bathing in the river.






Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home