Priscilla Kibbee

I love to travel all over the globe shopping for textiles to add to my wearable art. I have taught quilting to school children in Nepal, seminole patchwork to seamstresses in Thailand, and jackets and embellishment to quilters in Turkey where I also served as a judge at 2 of their International Quilt Shows. I have created garments for 5 Fairfield and Bernina Fashion Shows and teach classes on embellishment and wearable art. Lately I have been leaning more toward making art quilts.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Trip to India & Nepal - Kathmandu

Our hotel ... the Ganesh Himal...had wonderful paintings in the downstairs areas.

And stunning murals in the main waiting room.






A woman roasting corn on the street near our hotel.

Our hotel had a great restaurant. Michael ordered a "sizzler" platter one evening.

And Barbara had an interesting looking spaghetti dish.


Scaffolding on Asian construction is usually made from bamboo.
This is my favorite juice stand. It is always beautifully decorated.


A tailor/mender with his sewing machine near the hotel.
Kathesimbhu Stupa in a sheltered courtyard.

Monks housing next to the Stupa.


And the beautiful Monastery.

I assume these men are waiting for work.

Coins nailed to wood as an offering to the toothache god.Marigold leis for sale near a temple.


More men waiting for work? This is a familiar sight in this area.


Four brass lions outside the Akash Bhairab Temple in Indra Chowk.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home